Patio Umbrellas are great for your outdoor environment. They accessorize your patio and add a touch of beauty and class. Aside from that, they are also highly functional.
They protect you from the sun and other elements of weather while outside. After buying your furniture, it is only natural to want to take the necessary steps to keep it looking as good as new and working properly.
This article guides you on exactly what you need to do to care for your patio umbrella so it serves you effectively all year long.
Why Should You Care for Them?
Caring for your outdoor furniture accords you with numerous benefits. Some of these benefits include:
- Saving on Cost for repairs and replacements.
- It keeps them looking brand new
- It ensures they work effectively
- It protects them from being destroyed by dirt, stains, and buildup of debris.
Factors to Consider When Caring for Them
Typically, the care of patio umbrellas is nearly all the same for the different types. However, few differences exist based on a few factors. Some of the factors determining exactly how to care for them include the following:
- The size. Small-sized patio umbrellas generally require less maintenance than their larger-sized counterparts. The size of your furniture determines things such as the number of products to use in your care procedures as well as the frequency.
- Size of your patio. A large patio leaves your decor exposed to more dirt and debris, thus more chances of damage than a smaller patio. As such, the ones in a large patio generally require more care than those in a smaller one.
- Materials making up the umbrella. The furniture can be made using different materials and fabrics. For example, the frame can be wooden or metallic. Each type of material has a different set of care instructions.
- General weather conditions or environmental factors. A patio umbrella exposed to harsher weather and environmental conditions needs more care than one in a favorable set of conditions. See this link to know a few things you might want to consider before buying the furniture https://www.familyhandyman.com/list/how-to-buy-a-patio-umbrella/
How Should You Care for Them?
If your outside decor has a detachable fabric, separate it from the main parts of the umbrella. If it is not detachable, move it to an area under a shade. Use a soft brush to lightly brush off loose dirt particles. If the fabric is strong, you may use a vacuum.
Next, mix water with a cleaning solution and thoroughly clean the fabric. Use a bleaching agent to spot clean areas with stubborn stains. Rinse off the fabric and dry appropriately.
Next, mix up soap and warm water solution. Use a soft piece of cloth with the solution. With these two items, gently wipe down its frame all the way to the base. Doing this removes both loosely attached stains as well as tough ones.
Ensure the soap you use is mild to prevent it from damaging the material making up the umbrella.
Patio umbrellas are made for the outdoors. However, it is important to ensure you keep them in a space that is safe.
For example, ensure your wooden frame furniture is kept in an ant-free zone to prevent damage. You may also ensure all parts, including the base are kept in a moisture-free zone to prevent rot.
When possible, place your metal framed patio umbrella in an area free from water so it does not rust. Dismantle it in cases of extreme weather conditions such as snowstorms.
Also, ensure you keep the umbrella in a cover of its size and fitting when storing it indoors. Click here to see more tips on how you can care for your outdoor umbrella.
Caring for your outside decor is an integral part of maintaining them and ensuring they last longer. Oftentimes, your exterior decor will come with a specific set of guidelines on how to care for it.
It is important to ensure you follow all your manufacturer’s set of care instructions. Also, remember to remove some stains such as bird droppings immediately as these have a higher likelihood of becoming permanent if left for long.
Your items, including patio umbrellas, are always only as good as the care you accord them. Following these simple care considerations, rules and guidelines will guarantee just that: to keep your outdoor furniture good all through. That guarantees you a great outdoor experience every single time!